Saturday, November 30, 2013

Poems By My Daughter: Family Tears & LIfe

Here are some more poems my daughter wrote.  Being able to write poetry has really helped in giving her a voice to release her feelings in all of this.  My thoughts follow each poem.

Family Tears
I hate it, I hate it, I hate it all,
Every time I sit at home or I'm at a mall,
I see both Mothers and Fathers
Walking with their sons and daughters.
I realize that I can't be with my family
I can only be with me.

Every time I close my eyes
I always see Mom and Dad and cry.
I see Little Bro sitting and playing and grin
And I always want to be there with him.
I see the animals playing or being lazy
And my depressed emotions go crazy.

Salty tears running down my cheeks,
I don't care if people think I'm weak.
I miss the place where I belong,
And sadness fills my song.
A monster tore our family apart,
A beast that was and is very smart.

I can only hope I'll be home soon
With Dad and I gazing at the moon
Cuddling with mom while she reads to me
With Little Bro as he talks and screams to me.
All I want to do is sit at home
With mom, knowing that I'm not alone.
 
 
WOW this really hit me.  I know she misses us so much when she is not here.  And it really bothers me that Children Services is ok causing all my children this kind of pain.  Especially since there is no reason to keep them from me.  Thank goodness that in a few more months this will all be over for her and she will be home for good.  Hopefully followed quickly by her brothers.
 
Life
Life isn't ever perfect,
But life is worth it.
Sometimes you are in pain
But your hope shouldn't ever wane.
Even if darkness envelopes your sight
There will always be a ray of light.
People can be good, people can be bad,
Life can be joy, life can be sad.
It doesn't matter your looks,
It doesn't matter if you read books,
It doesn't matter if you are rich or poor,
It doesn't matter if your dreams soar.
It matters what you do now and here,
So that everyone's joy is near.
 
 
After all my daughter has endure and realizing the age she is now; this becomes even more powerful for me.  She never has lost hope.  She tells me at least once a day she knows her brothers are coming home.  Can't say when but she knows our family will once again be whole.  She inspires me so much and gives me so much strength even while not realizing it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment